Saturday, October 04, 2008

Wednesday Night Oct 1st

I am blogging from the Amtrak train b/w Tacoma, WA and Portland, OR. I finished my year at Wildhorse Canyon Young Life Camp Monday and have visited amazing friends that I have made over this last year in Seattle and Bellingham. It has been really hard leaving camp and many friends everyday not knowing when I will ever see them again. Many times I have been close to tears this week and last. I think that is a good sign that I have made some great friends this year.

So tomorrow morning I say goodbye again, this time to the entire west coast and start traveling back to Michigan. I have loved it out here and I love many of you very much. I hope this absence will be short enough. I would love to move somewhere else in the Northwest, but in a couple of weeks I am visiting a wilderness boys camp in North Carolina to see if it would be a good fit for me to work at. I am excited about the possible opportunity to work with boys even further out of civilization than at Wildhorse.

I feel like I have learned a lot this last year about God and a little more about myself, but a lot of the year I have not felt very intimate with God. I have been in Awe of God a lot this year but not always friendship close. It has been good to be doing some traveling and moving on to new things in that I really have felt like I have a new place to start growing closer with God. I cant rely on the people around me right now because I am a wondering man again, so I have felt God’s tug more and more in the last couple of days because he is the only constant in my time of wondering change.

No comments: