Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Travels

So I have been doing more road trips. Lot of driving back and forth from Michigan to North Carolina because of the Holidays. It has been great because that is when I have been able to meet up with great friends. I took some pictures of my trip back from Thanksgiving in the North Carolina mountains and it was Snowing!!! I love the snow and I am not getting any at camp, just cold and rain.


I also wanted to give a little update on my new job at camp. I am still in training. Which seems like it will never end, but has to soon because I will probably joining a group of kids full time right after Christmas. I spent a lot of this week staying with the boys in the tents which I have pictures below of. There are 4 sleeping tents in each campsite. the other picture is of the inside of one of the cooking tents. I am excited to get started but I enjoying the training because there is more variety in what I do right now.

Also just to let you know that my mother is having surgery on Tuesday morning to remove breast cancer. I just found out yesterday that she had cancer for sure. It is early so hopefully treatment with be quick and easy. and if not we will still all be alright. My family as far as I can tell has a good attitude about it. We would still love prayers and also for my sister who lost a job and is searching now. But this does give her time to spend with our mom. Always good ways to look at crappy situations.

With Peace and Love,
ME

No comments: