Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Drive By

So it has been a fairly rainy weekend and I really have loved parts of that, especially that it is making the dessert very green for a dessert. Saturday I was working at the zip line in camp and a thunder storm rolled in and I saw my first strike of the year - I am looking forward to many more. We also have respect for the storm and had to close down the activities outside for a while. Something about long metal aircraft cables leading into a 3 acre pond makes some a little cautious.
This weekend also brought me a lot of time belaying little and big kids on the climbing wall which I enjoy doing immensely because I get to help kids conquer there fears and conquer some hard walls. It is great seeing parents here loving on there kids, Also a little funny seeing parents my age running after a few kids - Reality Check. I also got a lot of time in the Skate Park watching little kids run into each other and adults get some of there youth back in them. Sometimes it is slow in the skate park and when I was not talking to the guests or being inspired by the skaters I tried to do a little writing. Here is one work I am really pleased with so far
Driving in your car you never see
what you dont want to see.
You moved so you wouldn't have to see.
You bought your view so you could be free.
Comfort and Content is what you try to buy.
Safe and Secure you wont see them cry.
Safe and Secure you Drive By.

Here is one that I have observed in others and maybe myself.
You brought your board but you're still afraid.
You see them skate but you haven't been made.
You want to win but you haven't played.
You left the park when you should have stayed.

I have been having great times with community here at the Canyon. Last week I went over to the fellow Michigander condo, they are full time volunteers here, and watched the Red Wings end the Stars. It was great to hear some more of there great story and eat more of there great grilling... And after that join the great intern group for a weenie roast and some wiffle ball.

In the last week I have gained 3 more housemates (Dan, Michael, and Jake) which is awesome, because they are awesome,and I we have had some great times so far and I am looking forward to getting to know them even more. Last night all the interns that are here so far bonded with some big burgers and lots of shotgun shells. Oh how Guns can bring people together.

We are currently reading Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer with our housemates and the Ministry chapter is money, it talks about some really awesome and not typical ideas of minitry. I really loved the nuggets of stuff that is good in the first chapter, but this chapter made me have to recommend this book for everyone to read.
OK, peace and love to you all and Keep sharing the love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good to see you posting again brother. Hope you are well.