Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Freedom Writers

I just got done watching and hearing the stories of the Freedom Writers. This is an amazing movie with great stories and great hope and inspiration. It also encouraged me to write more and share more. This music video and song "A Dream" was written for this movie and this message. Check it out...

The artist Common and producer Will.I.am also made the song based on one of Obama's speeches. I feel like there are so many similarities to these speeches that inspire these songs. So many similarities to the stories that are told and so many similarities to the HOPE... YES WE CAN... Check it out...

If you want to see the whole of Barack Obama's speech check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe751kMBwms Sunday night I also watched Barack Obama's speech at the Wesleyian Graduation Commencement which he did on Sunday. This was a last minute invite in place of Ted Kennedy. I thought it was a great speech about service. Very political as he is running for president, if you didn't know that, but also very much about our Hope and our way of doing our part and serving others. Check it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX5WEgqw6pM I don't mean for this blog to be about Obama, but about Hope and what getting into peoples lives, and how serving each other, and reaching out can do. It can make a difference. Change can happen. Yes We Can. If you haven't seen the Freedom Writers movie I very much recommend it. It has inspired me to really want to get back into working with kids directly again. I lot of things have lately.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Freedom writers is am inspiring moving, I echo your sentiments.